[ I N D E X ]
Dr. Akashi as a general practitioner attends to pediatric and adult medical problems, minor surgical problems and routine obstetrical and gynecological
problems. Referrals to specialists and hospitals can be made as necessary.
The Clinic is equipped with a plain X-ray machine, electrocardiogram, pulse
oximeter, spirometer, audiogram, ultrasonogram, fetal doppler and upper gastrointestinal fiberscope.
Holter monitor can be done at the Clinic as well. Most laboratory tests are sent out to the reference laboratory.
Venipunctures are done at the Clinic.
Dr. Ryo Yamada has a rich clinical experience in variety of settings and had special trainings in oral surgery, cosmetic dentistry, prosthetic dentistry and implant dentistry. Dr. Yamada will certainly be able to meet the dental needs of the foreign community.
Dr. Yamada has begun his practice at the Clinic from September 1, 2011 and his practice will be limited to Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays for the time being. His services include the following.
- Routine dental check ups.
- Teeth cleaning.
- Caries treatment (Fillings, Crowns and Bridges).
- Root canal therapy.
- Night guards and Sport guards.
- Cosmetic Dentistry.
- Oral surgery.
- Dental and oral traumatology.
- Dental implants.
For more information regarding your specific needs or treatment, please call the Clinic to inquire.
The Clinic offers comprehensive general physical examination for adults and routine physical examination for children as well.
Visa physicals for New Zealand, China, Russia, and other countries can be done. The Clinic
provides company physicals for firms such as Ericsson, Nokia, Lloydfs Register of Shipping,
Shell International, Foster Wheeler, Kellogg Brown and Root, YMCA, etc. Studentfs
entrance physical examinations for schools both local and abroad are also given.
Life insurance physicals for European and American companies are also being
The Clinic offers routine childhood immunizations according to the guideline of the respective country of origin of the client as desired. Various vaccinations for travelers are available as well. The Clinic offers the following vaccinations:
- DTaP (diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis)
- Tdap (tetanus, reduced diphtheria, acellular pertussis vaccine)
- Inactivated polio vaccine (IPV)
- Hemophilus influenza B vaccine (Hib)
- Infanrix Quinta (combined DTaP-Hib-IPV vaccine)
- Infanrix Hexa (combined DTaP-Hib-IPV-HepB vaccine)
- Prevenar (PCV7, pneumococcal conjugate vaccine)
- Prevenar 13 (PCV13)
- Rotarix (Rotavirus vaccine)
- Neis Vac C (meningitis C vaccine)
- Cervarix bivalent human papillomavirus (types 16, 18) recombinant vaccine
- Gardasil quadrivalent human papillomavirus (types 6, 11, 16, 18) recombinant vaccine
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Hepatitis A vaccine
- Twinrix (combined Hepatitis A and B vaccine)
- Measles vaccine
- Mumps vaccine
- Rubella vaccine
- MR (combined Measles-Rubella vaccine)
- MMR (combined Measles-Mumps-Rubella vaccine)
- Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine
- Typhoid vaccine
- Meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4) Menactra
- Rabies vaccine (Rabipur)
- Japanese B-Encephalitis vaccine
- BCG vaccine
- Pneumovax vaccine
- Cholera vaccine*
- Influenza (flu) vaccine **
*Cholera vaccine may not be in stock at all times. Prior notification and reservation
**Influenza vaccine will be available from late September through February each year.
American trained physical therapist, Peggy Zee, offers her services at the Bluff Clinic by appointments only.
Peggy Zee, PT licensed in California, is a graduate of Northwestern University Physical Therapy (NUPT) Program. She has experience in:
- Musculoskeletal issues: Low back pain, neck pain/whiplash injury, shoulder pain/rotator cuff injury, and other sports related injuries such as elbow tendinitis and sprained ankle.
- Prenatal and postnatal exercises for pain management during and after pregnancy
- Postural training and correction
- Occupational health and work place consultation
- Pediatric concerns for babies, toddlers and children: pre-term babies, gross motor developmental delays, developmental coordination disorder
- Special needs children: cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome and autistic children
- Rehabilitation: multiple sclerosis(MS), stroke and spinal cord injury
Peggy Zee is an active member of American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) with membership in Orthopedics & Pediatrics section, and an active member of World Confederation of Physical Therapy (WCPT).
Peggy Zee is also the Physical Therapist at Tokyo International Learning Community (TILC), the only English language special school in Japan serving expatriate children with special needs.
American trained Ron Shumsky Psy., D., Licensed Clinical Psychologist sees clients by appointment at the Bluff Clinic.
- Individual and Family Psychotherapy
- Neuropsychological Evaluation of Childrenfs Learning and Development
- Specialized Remedial Reading Instruction
- School Consultation
- Individual and Family Psychotherapy
- Licensed in Psychology, State of Connecticut since 1990
- Psychology Practice at the Bluff Clinic and Consulting Pscyhologist for Tokyo International Learning Community since 1993
- Formerly Associate Director Hartford Hospital Psychiatric Patrtial Hospitalization Service and
Private Practice in Avon Connecticut
- Boston North Shore Childrenfs Hospital, Post-Doctoral Fellow in Developmental
- Rutgers University, Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Columbia University, Masterfs in Organizational Psychology
- Cornell University, Bachelorfs in Industrial Psychology
Yokohama City Subsidized Checkups
Residents of Yokohama City are eligible to receiving various checkups which are subsidized by Yokohama City. The following checkups are available at the Clinic:
Baby Checkups 0-12 months old (3 checkups before the age of 13 months)
Senior Physical Checkups over age 75-FREE
Adult Physical Checkups age 40 to 74
Colon Cancer Screening over age 40-69(\600) FREE over age 70
Prostate Screening for MEN age 50-69 (\1,000) FREE over age 70
Breast Cancer Screening for Women age 40 to 69 (\690) FREE over age 70
Yokohama City Subsidized Immunizations
The following immunizations are given free of charge at the Clinic using coupons from Yokohama City depending on the age of children. Please check with your nearest health center or ward office.
Hib (hemophilus influenza b vaccine)
PCV13 (pneumococcal conjugate vaccine)
IPV (Inactivated polio vaccine)
Measles-Rubella combined vaccine (MR)
HPV (human papilloma virus vaccine): HPV2 and HPV4
[ LINKS... ]